As you can tell, we don't get much free time during the week! Week 2 was full of interesting interactions with Bikram in the yoga room (colorful language and 2+ min. posture holds); late night class discussions and not to forget, more "up til' 3:30 am Bollywood movies"! It's borderline hazing and somewhat torturous, but I'm trying to embrace it. I did break down and buy some junk food this week -- a 12 pack of diet cokes, some chips, microwave popcorn, a chocolate bar and a bag of Reeses -- for upcoming moments of weakness.
2ppl from the studio in Vegas (with wheels), 1 really cool girl from Ann Arbor, MI and I explored Santa Monica and walked the boardwalk of Muscle Beach last Sunday. We had some amazing vegetarian food for lunch and also did some window-shopping. I got my hair cut too at a cute barber shop in Venice called Rudy's. Their slogan was "We Cut People". Reminded me of home...mmmmm Rudy's...BBQ! I've never seen so many vegetarian's and healthy people in general, in my life! I thought Austin had a lot of healthy people, there are some healthy eatin' mo fo beanpoles at this Bikram Teacher Training!
Today I tackled the city bus line and walked around Beverly Hills & Rodeo Dr. Mikimoto, Maserati, Tiffany's, BVLGRVU? whatever that store is :) I had some yummy thin-crust vegetarian pizza for lunch at a sidewalk cafe and a got a wonderful massage from a Therapist named Hercules! Yes, that was his name and he was strong :) Then I came back to the hotel and squeezed in some studying. Emilyann, from our studio in Austin, is a great study partner. She helps me dissect the postures and we have a good time.
So many good yoga classes this week. Jim Kallett, specifically, who's been teaching for Bikram for 14 years, is an amazing Teacher and human being. He spoke to us for about 3 hrs. about many topics including Bikram's lineage and how yoga first came to the United States in the 70's at the World Health Organization...and shortly thereafter how interest grew because of the show "That's Incredible". Funny huh? I used to love that show and remember the weird yogi contortionist from when I used to watch it as a kid. Interesting story but all in all, Jim seemed so knowledgeable, and to be a genuine and generous person. He was very inspiring and actually completely validated my reasons for coming here! What a great feeling!!
On to week 3...
Namaste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment