Last night was our 1st Bikram yoga class from the man himself! Bikram told us to "take it easy hunny" (one of his common sayings) and to "have to a vacation week, because on week 5 we won't know who we are, where we are or where we came from"....Yikes - that scared me! Day 2 - Bikram yoga class #2: Getting my ass kicked doesn't even BEGIN to describe it! I knew exactly where I was, but I wanted out so badly! The class was 2 hours long and it must have been 120 degrees in there! Students were literally dropping like flies and being assisted out of the room. To boot, I ran out of water early on, which I will NEVER make the mistake of doing again!! And when I get home, just ask me about the 8 min. song!!! I did however, manage to stay in the room and not resort to the fetal position which I really wanted to do!!!
Tomorrow will be another tough class from one of Bikram's most senior Teachers, Emmy Cleaves. She Latvian and we've heard she's super tough.
I delivered Half-Moon Pose for Bikram tonight which is a very nerve-racking part of training that all trainees must do for his approval. I was nervous and my hand was shaking the microphone bigtime, but I think Bikram felt I nailed it! He said I did a great job, gave me several compliments and said some other cool things about me teaching and students taking yoga from me etc. It was somewhat of a blur--- I was #97 out of 100 for the day and it was 12:30am.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment