Congratulations to Keeping Austin Fit's 2008 Danskin participants! Stacy Meshbane & Anne Holden completed KAF's 6 week training program that led up to the 19th annual Danskin Women's Triathlon at Walter E. Long park. The May race in Austin, Texas remains the longest running multi-sports Series in the world and 1000's of women and spectators came out to support the Susan B. Kommen Breast Cancer Reasearch Foundation and each participant for accomplishing this HUGE goal of completing a triathlon!
Stacy and Anne both proved the mental and physical capacity in training and on race day by reaching their goals of beating their times of previous years! See comments from Stacy Meshbane here:
"I was very happy with my race! I did the bike in 55:10, which is 2:19 faster
than last year (and 8:30 faster than when I did it in 2006 pre-shelby!) so I
was really happy with the bike. I felt great and strong and the hills were
challenging but totally do-able, much much easier than I remember he hills
in past years, which is of course all due to all the incredible hill
training we did!
I was also really happy with the run. I took 52 seconds off my run from last
year and did it in 39:41. The run was great too. I really thought about the
stuff we worked on: using my arms, really focusing on pushing (since spacing
out is my tendency) and at the end when I was running up the long lame-ass
hill to the finish, I thought about Stratford and Lost Creek and knew I
could just push up the hill on my toes, little steps, just to keep on
pushing!
The only thing that was bittersweet was the swim. I made the mistake of
drinking a bottle of gatorade right before I got in the water. I don't know
what I was thinking. Now I know why they say never to try anything new
before a race. I felt totally burpy and uncomfortable the whole swim and was
scared I was going to puke in the water. Then afterwards I had to pee even
though I had just peed before the race, so that slowed me down further. So
that was pretty lame. I did the swim in 22:25, 1:40 slower than last year.
But despite that, I was still ranked 560 out of 2,592 people, which is
pretty cool. (the swim is really the only rank I pay attention to, haha)
Anyway overall I took 51 seconds off my total time and finished in 2:06:48.
Even though it was only a minute overall, I was very happy with it. Largely
b/c I was pretty nervous I might actually be slower this year for two
reasons. 1 because I weigh about 5 pounds more than I did when I did the
race last year, and 2 because I felt like I began training in much worse
shape than I was in when I started last year. Last year when I started
training I had just finished your Cap10k boot camp and could run 6 miles
with relative ease and do a million crunches. But this year when we started
it was a stretch jogging even 3 miles! I thought for sure I would do much
worse this year, so I was very very happy to not only not do worse, but get
personal best times in both the swim and the run. (I really don't care much
about the swim- I know I'm a good swimmer and it's fun to have still been in
the top 20%, even with what was a pretty slow time for me!)
It was definitely the best I ever felt of any triathlon I've done (this was
my 6th!) I never felt woozy or dizzy and afterwards I just felt like I do
after our tougher workouts. I didn't feel spent and I really hardly even
felt sore afterwards!
Anyway thank you thank you so much Shelby! I love training with you! It's
always really great, and I'm excited to do more in the future! Please keep
me posted about future sessions. And thanks for coming to the race! It was
such a joy to see you there during the bike and the run and was very sweet
and special that you came. (And your little boy is so cute it's
ridiculous!!)"
Thank YOU Stacy!!!
- Shelby Schreiber
Founder, Owner Keeping Austin Fit
www.keepingaustinfit.com
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment